Monday, February 25, 2013

Hopefully things will calm down soon! Who am I kidding...

To say the last couple of weeks have been busy would be a vast understatement ;) Luckily though, fundraising continues to go *awesomely*. As in with 61 days left until March For Babies, we have raised $993.

That is right. We are $7 short of $1,000!!!

What an amazing milestone!

Meanwhile I have also kept very busy with work and some other side projects. Recently I had the honor of participating in a study funded by the March of Dimes that will help medical students gain a better understanding of communication with families/parents who are dealing with preterm birth. It was fun to really put the pressure on the students... who all did fantastic. I started getting real contractions at 31 weeks gestation. I was very well taken care of, and I know how important it is for these students to get some experience with patients like me. Even more important is the participation of people who have gone through real-life situations in this matter.

This was a trial run but it was very successful and well-received. If you have any kind of experience involving preterm birth, and you would like to be involved in this program as it grows, please feel free to let me know and I will get you in touch with the right contacts.

To keep up with our schedule, we need big hearty breakfasts!

Can someone please tell me when my little girls got so big? We are all so busy all the time that the minutes just fly by. Pretty soon these little ambassadors will be able to speak for themselves about why our work with the March of Dimes is so important...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your thoughts!