I lead a NICU Outreach program, on behalf of the March of Dimes, at Exempla Good Samaritan hospital. My friend Carrie (also a preemie mama) and I, plus Jenny and a great group of volunteers, assemble kits full of great information for parents of NICU babies. We are hoping to next expand to Exempla Lutheran Medical Center. I met there on Tuesday with some of the friendly staff, and our volunteer liaison Angie, and now we are just waiting for our final approvals before we begin the program there. Bringing this reputable source of information and comfort to NICU parents is so incredibly important. The program has "hatched" and I like to consider it still in it's "fledgling" stages. This first step to expanding to more hospitals is excellent. Please keep NICU Outreach in your thoughts! If you would like to help us in any way, please email me at ericksonrk@yahoo.com
I have been getting a lot of great use out of my new Boba Air. I took the girls to the aquarium and also used it at the National Western Stock Show this week. I'm happy to say I was able to try it out with Cadence and I didn't think she would be as accepting of it as Sierra was - but she snuggled right in and enjoyed the ride.
Sierra at the Aquarium looking at a big baracuda-thing. All the fish are so exciting! That is also a new vocabulary word for her - "fish".
Cadence enjoying the finer things at the National Western Stock Show - Pro Rodeo and kettle corn!
So on Saturday I am giving a presentation at the March For Babies Family Fair. I will be discussing Friends of the Family sponsorships. I'm looking forward to seeing some friends as well as hopefully some new faces. There will be other activities, questions answered, and more presentations. If you are, or know anyone who is, interested in learning more about how you/they can help a March For Babies team - this is the event for you! We are happy to have guests! Feel free to ask me for details.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Let us know your thoughts!