Thursday, January 17, 2013

My heart is happy! We have Boba's support! & Upcoming Events...

In 2012, the generosity and support I got to witness firsthand when I began my journey with the March of Dimes was enough to really change me, in a good way. This is something I am really passionate about and with each passing day I feel more and more enthusiastic about this cause, especially during March For Babies season. I can truly say I enjoy doing this from the bottom of my heart. That is why I am so looking forward to the next few months.

The past couple of days have held big milestones for my campaign... new walkers, returning walkers, our first donations, and a special donation from Boba.

Boba (www.bobafamily.com) is based out of Boulder, Colorado and they are the makers of award-winning ergonomic baby carriers. On a side note - this is one of the reasons I love being in Colorado... all these great local businesses coming up with incredible ideas for a more natural style of living. I am a huge fan of ergo carriers because they make baby-wearing comfortable and healthy. I contacted Boba regarding my March For Babies fundraising and they offered to send a Boba Wrap that I can use in a fundraising effort of my choice. I am really excited to distribute this item to a lucky someone out there, knowing 100% of the proceeds will be going to the March of Dimes.

Even better, Boba packed a little extra something in the box that held the Wrap. I mentioned to the ladies in the marketing department that I have my sights set on a Boba Air carrier. It is a lighter, less expensive version of their 2G and 3G carrier models. Since Cadence and Sierra now wiggle out of the Moby Wrap I got when they were born, and get impatient in the Infantino carriers we were generously provided with from the babies shower, I have been thinking that it is finally time to save up and get an ergo carrier. Having a carrier that the babies wouldn't fuss in would make things so much easier when I go places with them on my own. Wear one, push the other in an umbrella stroller. The thought itself is liberating! So, I was basically mentioning that I am looking forward to getting my Boba some day. That day came sooner than I expected because there it was in the box :) I tried it on with Sierra and she basically melted into it. She brought her hands in and snuggled up on me - on my front AND my back! She was even angry when I took her out of it. I am so pleased that she is comfy in it. I am going to try with Cadence tomorrow; she had macaroni and cheese all over.



I was really excited to see the Wrap, and floored when I realized there was a gift for us as well. Thank you so much for being so thoughtful, Heather and Bethany (and Seon who directed me to your department). I cannot begin to explain how much this is going to help me get around town with my little ones. I can wear Sierra on my back and carry Cadence with my two free hands/arms... comfortably. It is going to take away a lot of the guesswork and headache of planning outings. I am really looking forward to an easier time getting them in and out of the car haha. I really hate leaving one baby behind somewhere while I deal with the other one in the car seat.

Having the Wrap means so much to me and my efforts for March For Babies. It is really outstanding to know I have support out there from people who don't even know me, but want to come together for this incredible cause.

Now for my sales pitch - the Boba Air is extremely easy to put on for both front- and back-wearing. Baby always faces you and is seated comfortably so she stays cozy, as Sierra has proven. The straps are very adjustable and I had no issue getting Sierra into the carrier all by myself (which is key here for what I want to use it for, obviously). When it is on correctly, it is very comfortable to wear and didn't give me any sore spots or a back ache, as it is designed ergonomically (for both baby and parent) hence the term ergo carrier, haha. The Air model also conveniently folds into a tiny little built-in zipper pouch. I like this, since I already drag so much stuff around for two toddlers :) The Boba Wrap is the ideal carrier for babies from birth until around 18 months, free of buckles, straps or snaps! Simply tie the material snug against your body and achieve a perfect fit every time – perfect for beginners and advanced baby-wearers alike. Does anyone remember the pic of me baby-wearing two adorable little ones with my stretchy wrap? :)

So if you are in the market for a baby carrier, GO BOBA! :)

Since I have also had a couple other local small businesses offer me products/services to use, I'm thinking this will all come together in an auction. Somehow. I have never hosted anything like this before but I am ready to take the bull by the horns. I'll figure it out one way or another.

Moving right along, here...

I am excited for two different events coming up in the next couple of weeks. The March of Dimes Family Fair is soon and I have been asked to give a short presentation regarding Friends of the Family sponsorships. With this new Boba development and some other communication I've had recently with local businesses I am really excited to share what I have learned so far in 2013. I hope I can inspire some other individuals/teams and help them also make friends and earn support. Also, today I was asked to speak at a March For Babies team kickoff at the hospital where I delivered the girls. Since my friend Carrie and I have implemented a NICU Outreach program there, I am going to share our progress there as well as my story. I have a problem with sharing my story... There is too much to tell! I really should write it down and come up with a spiel since I tell it so often. I am just so proud of my girls and their journey. I would never be able to sum everything up in a way that would satisfy me.

While I'm excited to speak in front of everyone about this mission of mine, I am also nervous because... I am not a very poised public speaker. However I think that if this is what I am going to be doing for years to come, I should get my practice in!

So, what was supposed to be a quick update has now turned into a chapter. I will "wrap" it up now (pun intended!). What exciting events are waiting to unfold? Have a good night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your thoughts!